Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Lesson from a Pedicab Driver

Today is my eighth day in writing posts for my current blog. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. I really am trying to discipline myself and force myself to write even though I just had a hectic day. I really want to beat that 21 day challenge. 

I have been planning to write a different article but decided to write on something that happened today. I was riding a trisikad (padyak) or bicycle with a side car with a friend and co-teacher in the school I worked with. There was this mamang pedicab driver who is really old (I mean age is relative). 

I was quite worried because when I ride the pedicab in the mornings, it seems like he does not have enough energy to drive me until I reach my destination. I was quite worried as I see him as an old man and still he is driving the pedicab as a source of his income. 

I asked him a few questions. I found out that he is already 68 years old. As he was talking about his life (although I was already having some deep introspection), I was wondering as to how many people are like him. 

Here are some of my thoughts about the event: 

1. People of their age should not go to work anymore. People who are in their twilight years should be spending their time enjoying the fruits of their labor. 

2. Hard work does not pay off. I know the pedicab driver is toiling hard every day. He gets his skin burnt and increases the possibility of him getting skin cancer. Working hard does not guarantee financial success. 

3. I do not want my parents to reach that age and still worry about finances. 

Fetching people to and fro from work to their home is a noble task. I do acknowledge the importance of their job in driving people through their pedicabs. However, it is sad that a person will never be able to experience what living life to the fullest is when he still needs to work when he should not be working anymore. It is not my dream to be still working at the age of 68. 

If you feel that you have been working hard all your life and you do not seem to have the right results in terms of financial success, feel free to send me an email or you can make a comment on the comment box. 

To Your Financial Success!


 Lornajane Altura

+639197440334
lornajanealtura@gmail.com

Follow me on Twitter - Lornajane Altura
Follow me on Facebook - Work With Lornajane
Do you want to work with me? - Lornajane Altura

No comments:

Post a Comment